My sister & I decided to try a new recipe this Christmas season: peppermint bark. It may be the easiest holiday recipe I’ve ever tried. All you need is one bag of milk chocolate chips, two bags of white chocolate chips and some peppermint sticks (the made in America ones taste best!)
You’ll also need a few bowls, spoons, spatula, rolling pin, and other random baking tools you have laying around the kitchen. We really just experimented with this but it turned out amazing. So just have fun with it!
- First we melted the milk chocolate chips in a big microwavable bowl. If you’ve never melted chocolate chips before, be careful. They burn easily. You have to do it in 20-30 second intervals and stir the chips in between.
- Once the chocolate is smooth pour it into a cake pan and smooth it out with a spatula or the back of a spoon and place the pan in the fridge.
- While you’re waiting for the milk chocolate to cool off its time to crush the peppermint sticks (our favorite part) We separated the peppermint into two separate zip lock bags: one for the peppermint to be mixed in with the white chocolate that we crushed into a powder and the other we left in small chunks to garnish the top. We got creative and used rolling pins to break up the sticks.
4. Then we did the same with the two bags of white chocolate. After it was almost completely melted we added the super crushed up peppermint and put it back in the microwave for twenty seconds. After it was all mixed together and smooth we took the pan out of the fridge, made sure the milk chocolate was completely cooled off, and poured the white chocolate/peppermint mix on top of the milk chocolate.
5. While the white chocolate mix is still warm put the garnish peppermint pieces on top. Push them in slightly so they don’t fall off when you crack the bark. Put the pan back in the fridge for at least thirty minutes.
6. When you’re ready & feeling strong it’s time to start cracking. There really is no easy way to do this but below is a video of me trying.
And voila you have your own homemade peppermint bark. So easy & so much to love. It’s become a new family favorite here in my house. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
ps. It’s almost Christmas!